This bread recipe was just something me and my mum tried out and it’s SO EASY! Don’t worry if you don’t have cupboards full of baking ingredients because pretty much all you need here is PORRIDGE & YOGURT! Even if you’re not a natural when it comes to baking this recipe can’t go wrong (as long as you don’t burn it!) It’s tasty, cheap as chips and simple to make – win win!
- Large tub of Onken yogurt (Tesco)
- 2 x yogurt container of porridge (I used Flahavan’s porridge oats)
- Teaspoon baking/bread soda
- Pinch of salt
- Seeds of your choice (I added some chia seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds)
- Empty the whole yogurt into a mixing bowl
- Wash, clean & dry the yogurt container
- Fill the container with porridge and add it to the yogurt TWICE
- Mix the two ingredients and add baking/bread soda, seeds & pinch of salt
- fill the mixture into a greased bread tin
- sprinkle some seeds on top of mixture to make it look faaaancy
- Bake for 45 mins at 180 degrees
This bread is delicious served with Nutella & chopped banana as a sweet treat – or toasted with your Sunday fry (bit of avocado and a fried egg on top and your laughing) It’s quite heavy and filling but delicious!
P.S I always love getting sent pics of my recipes on Twitter/instagram