Outdoor furniture is basically a type of furniture specifically designed for outdoor usage. In this modern age, most of the outdoor furniture is made of weather-proof materials like aluminium that is virtually rust-proof. They are often made of polyethylene, canvas, and wicker. Wicker outdoor furniture is most commonly used because it lasts long and requires minimum maintenance. Outdoor furniture comes in many styles and designs. These furniture are designed to enhance the beauty and comfort of your patio and garden so that you can enjoy it for many years.
The main factors to consider when purchasing outdoor furniture are durability, functionality and affordability. This article will discuss the most popular and common outdoor furniture types:
– Teak Furniture: It’s made from oil seed lumber, which is a product of south Asia. It is one of the strongest types of wood available and is usually best when you buy it used as a pre-owned piece since most pieces have seen better days.
– Plastic Outdoor Furniture: These pieces of outdoor furniture are made of various plastic materials. However, there are certain plastics that are more durable than others. For more information, you should check the material labels. Plastic outdoor furniture has one issue: they don’t last very long. If you use them frequently, this makes them less economical.
– Stainless Steel Outdoor Furniture: This is the most expensive of all outdoor furniture. This furniture is well worth the investment if you have the budget. It is durable and long-lasting. Usually, stainless steel furniture does not rust unlike other plastic furniture. Moreover, they are easy to maintain. They can be cleaned with mild detergents and warm water. They are resistant to dents and scratches so they can withstand almost any type of damage.
– Wrought Iron Furniture: Most wrought iron outdoor furniture are expensive and may need to be preserved properly. It should be kept away from moisture, extreme heat and extreme cold levels. You will also need to take special precautions with very cold temperatures since the finish may crack with extreme cold. To protect them from dust and water damage, you may need to seal them.
– Synthetic Outdoor Furniture: There is really no substitute for all-weather synthetic materials. Many stores like The Charming Bench Company sell all-weather synthetic vinyl, plastic, and wicker. Although synthetic wicker and other all-weather materials are more expensive than synthetic wicker, plastic is still durable and a great option if you can’t find outdoor furniture. If you want all-weather furniture but are on a tight budget, you should look into purchasing recycled materials that are man made and then applying a protective coating of polyurethane to them.